viernes, 13 de marzo de 2020

The Lockdown Diaries: Day 1

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
(Frank Herbert, Dune)


The Lockdown Diaries: Day 1

Today I woke up at half past seven. That's very late for me, as I usually get up at six. That meant that I would have to skip my morning core workout.

Titania was about to leave for work. Erin was already up. I told Titania about her cough last night, but she told me that she only had a sore throat. Phew!

She left soon afterwards. She is also a teacher but she had to go to school today. So this morning it was Erin, Luna and me. So I had to be a teacher, a father and a househusband at the same time. I have to admit that I failed.

True, I managed to keep the girls fed and happy, but they watched way too much television. I made the beds, washed the dishes and tidied up a bit. I wrote some emails, teacher stuff. I lost too much time watching the news.

My father-in-law came to the rescue. He's a great cook and he had made a thick watercress soup and some delicious meatballs. When Erin saw him she wanted to hug him but she couldn't. Her grandpa blew her a kiss and went away. Erin cried a lot.

At lunchtime Erin threw another tantrum. She's lovely but when she cries she's really loud. She got behind a shelf and when I got her a doll fell and hit me in the head. Ouch. She finally ate some meatballs and a yogurt: Mission accomplished. 

The highlight of the day was that I joined Telegram to try to keep up with the new from High School but I also found a friend I hadn't met in like eight years! He lives in Asturias now and he's got married. He is now a book editor. We talked about games and books. I told him about the book I'm reading now.

Image result for ten games you can play in your head

This book is like nothing I've read before. It's about learning how to let your mind go and create its own mental games. I have been playing these games for about two weeks and they are amazing!

For dinner I had a salad. If I don't do any sport I am going to put on weight. 

Today I have learned that...
I can't do everything at once.

8 comentarios:

  1. Angie Álvarez

    Day 1:when they asked us to stay home I felt things were going from bad to worse
    My family is quite worried and so am I, but I try not to think about it.
    the teachers have marked us with many activities and better, since I needed more than a video to distract me, in addition to the activities, my mother and I have played board games so as not to feel overwhelmed and to be able to clear ourselves, I also started playing with my dog Zeus, who loves to play with his ball.
    For now, nothing more to say, but if there is something new, I will tell you the second day.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Maria Rosales Jiménez 1bach A14 de marzo de 2020, 22:16

    Day 1:
    Today I got up at 10:30 because my mother called me on the phone, since the morning it has made me crazy that she doesn't want me to take many buses and be in contact with many people. I got up very hungry so as soon as I could I started to pick up what Yonay was preparing for breakfast, by the way my favorite breakfast: fried egg sandwich with cheese. As soon as I have rested I have gone out to get some fresh while strolling pearl and cuqui, I have spent the morning to pick up the wardrobe and entertain myself with absurd things. At noon my mother-in-law made me macaroons and I have to say that I didn't like them even though I put on a good face. I took a good nap after lunch that until 15:30 the alarm went off that Yonay had to go to work. At around 4 I finished picking up and went to my friend Yurena's house and took care of her two-month-old daughter. At 6:21 I got the bus I have to admit that I died of disgust because I am very scrupulous and an old man would not stop coughing. I went to Telde with Natalia to eat a crepe and I have to say that it was an irresponsible act on my part as a citizen. At 8:30 p.m. my mother picked me up and I went to my house and since that time I never went out again, I spent watching my second favorite program: Dr. Lee, until I fell asleep with the TV on until 4:00 am that my mother turned it off.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. The Lockdown Diaries: Day 1.
    Today I woke up early. My sister, my cousin, my grandfather and I are going to go water the vegetables in Tejeda.

    I saw that my tutor had communicated with the students through Classroom. I was waiting for your message. The teacher said that we do not worry about the results of the evaluation and that in these 15 days we will work through Classroom.

    Later, my classmates have told me that the English teacher recommends us to make a diary about these 15 days. I don't know what to write if I'm not going to do anything special. I will try to do it.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. The Lockdown Diaries: Day 1.
    Today I woke up early. My sister, my cousin, my grandfather and I are going to go water the vegetables in Tejeda.

    I saw that my tutor had communicated with the students through Classroom. I was waiting for your message. The teacher said that we do not worry about the results of the evaluation and that in these 15 days we will work through Classroom.

    Later, my classmates have told me that the English teacher recommends us to make a diary about these 15 days. I don't know what to write if I'm not going to do anything special. I will try to do it.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. The Lockdown Diaries: Day1:
    Today in the morning I had to get up a little early but not much, since my cousin came to stay at my house since her parents work. She is four years old and is very kind and loving to me.
    When he arrived, he said goodbye to his father and ran in, I already imagined that he was going to have a somewhat moving day.
    After a while I started to whistle with her and teach her the numbers that she still does not know very well, the truth is that we had a lot of fun since at the same time she was learning we were playing with french fries to make it more interesting.
    Later we went to lunch and to my surprise ate all the macaroni, then we started to see "Finding Nemo" after a while she fell asleep.
    About eight in the afternoon they came to pick her up so she said goodbye to me and left, I was so tired that I lay in bed and fell asleep.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. The Lockdown Diaries: Day1:

    Today I got up at half past nine,although I wanted to continue sleeping because last night I went to bed very late,because I was talking with my friends. When I got up,I had for breakfast a glass of milk with cookies. After that I helped to my mother to cleaned my home.
    When I finished to helped my mother I was reading the news and I read that we had to continue the classes by the google classroom platform.

    During the afternoon I was at my house with my sister and my parents. In order not to be bored, we started playing board games and watching movies, such as "Two Rebel Police" and "Toy Story" because my sister likes them the cartoons.

    At night,I was talking on a video call with my friends since I will not see them for a few days.After finishing the call I went to dinner, and finally I went to bed at eleven because I started to watch a netflix series called "Plastic Sea".

    ResponderEliminar
  7. The Lockdown Diaries:Day 1
    Today I woke up at 10:00, I was very tired because I had gone to bed very late, I had breakfast, I cleaned my teeths and I was playing "Call of Duty", a game for the Xbox, with a friend,since my eyes were very red, I went to lunch with my parents, wow! Those spaghetti �� were very good!
    After resting a little, I went to the gym of my house to relax my mind, when I finished my muscles hurt a lot and I was very hot, therefore, I took a shower, then, I snack.
    At night when we had dinner I was watching the news with my parents, we were surprised that the coronavirus came out in all channels,it was terrible!
    I finished the day reading a book called "Don Quijote De la Mancha" a book that we had to read to make a review for the next Thursday.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. The Lockdown Diaries: Day 1.
    Today I woke up at eight o'clock to start with the homeworks of the week. When I finished my first homework I took a break for ate my delicious breakfast. Once I had finished my breakfast, I did the last homeworks, but I don't have finished all the homework yet. Right now I'm waiting for my lunch, but I think that my father went crazy with this situation, because he is cooking the half of food that we have!! Fortunately my mom went and stopped him.

    ResponderEliminar

22 March, Friday

PRUEBAS OBJETIVAS 1st ESO Speaking: del 7 al  22 de marzo a las 21:00     HOY                                                               ...