domingo, 15 de marzo de 2020

The Lockdown Diaries: Day 3

I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.
(Groundhound Day, 1993)

The Lockdown Diaries: Day 3

Last night it was beautiful. I don't just mean the homage to the health professionals at nine o'clock. I mean that, for the first time, Luna bathed Erin. They both had a great time. I had to mop afterwards, but it was worth it. 

Again, I went to bed too late. I think I watch the news too much.

Today I went out to buy bread. My bakery was closing just as I was coming in. There were three workers taking out the rubbish, and they were talking about an "ERE" (Expediente Regulador de Empleo). A neighbour asked what that meant.

"That we are unemployed".

I finally got some bread from a convenience store nearby. It was a bit more expensive, so I didn't buy as much as I use to. I find hard to pinpoint why the streets seemed so desolate. It's a Sunday morning after all, but the buses were empty and people were walking on their own, some of them wearing masks, the good ones. "I should have got me one of those" I thought for myself.

I overheard a telephone conversation:

"She was a positive, but I wasn't".

Today it was Erin who was coughing a bit, but after breakfast she seemed OK. I worked all morning and after lunch the girls played Mini Ninjas. 

Titania had a siesta and I worked on the student's "Competencias Básicas". Maybe this is more like "Groundhound Day" and less like "Resident Evil".

----

Write your diary in Google Classroom.

4 comentarios:

  1. Day 3: Today, when I woke up, my mother had prepared my favorite breakfast, "arepas" with cheese.
    After breakfast I started looking at the tasks that I had to do and started doing it.

    when I realized it was time for lunch and my mother had cooked me chicken breast with rice.
    After eating I bathed my dog ​​Zeus, my dog ​​does not like bathing because he does not like the cold, then I saw a series of "euphoria" from HBO, I saw some chapters and started cleaning and talking to my mother I was calmer but still a little scared.
    It was 9 o'clock and I had cereal and started watching HBO again.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I woke up very early, I had a glass of milk for breakfast like every morning and I went to bed again, after a while I went to pick up my house, I finished some homework that I had pending and after eating I made a video call with some friends, it was a fun day compared to the next

    ResponderEliminar
  3. The Lockdown Diaries: Day 3
    Today I woke up at 9:45 a.m. to get ready to the math exam. After the exam I finished some homeworks and we were looking photos when we were young, I was really funny when I was young.
    Now I'm listening Beautiful Creatures by Illenium and Max, I love this song and the lyrics are really good. However, for the rest of the day I want to do exercise with my aunt, keep listening music, read some manga and if I have time I will watch anime or a movie.

    ResponderEliminar

7 May, Tuesday

  PRUEBAS OBJETIVAS 1º ESO Prueba escrita: martes, 14 de mayo   Speaking  hasta el viernes,  10 de mayo 4º ESO Speaking: viernes 10 de mayo....